Blooming Pixel Creatives is seeking a talented and enthusiastic intern to assist with web design and production this summer.
Blooming Pixel Creatives is dynamic and fast-growing creative agency based in Portland, OR. We specialize in web design, branding, and marketing strategy for a wide variety of clients. Why are we different? We bring extraordinary energy and focus to our work, creating highly personalized, innovative strategies. Our client experience is outstanding. When you join BPC, as a team member or a client, you join our family.
We are a fun little team of vibrant personalities and we loveLoveLOVE what we do. Our office culture includes: jamming along to music while we work, enjoying vegan pastries from our favorite neighborhood coffee shop, occasional visits from our company pups, and lots of pink. We celebrate the individual – our differences make us better a team.
This internship offers the opportunity to work within a tight-knit and dynamic agency setting, learning all aspects of the industry. Along with learning about various modes of digital marketing, you will gain experience working on real projects by assisting as needed with graphic design, UX design, and development. As our intern, you will gain a robust understanding of the branding and web design project process, from client acquisition to design and development to launch day. You will learn about client communication & relationship building. Because we are a small agency, our team is especially growth-oriented, so you will also have an inside look at the entrepreneurial aspects of owning and operating an agency. Along with receiving mentorship from our team, you will be encouraged to pitch ideas and own the creative process on selected projects. At the end of the internship period, you will walk away with a full understanding of what it takes to operate within a creative agency, including insights on the creative process, workflow & organization, client relationships, communication, and an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented mindset. You’ll complete this internship with new skills, confidence, and a better idea of what inspires you both professionally and personally.
What You’ll Learn:
- The workflow and process of working with clients to:
- Design and develop websites
- Develop a marketing strategy
- Relationship building with clients
- Design, development, and marketing skills to improve your own creative work
- Email marketing strategy
- Client-oriented design
- Providing support as needed to team projects
- How to complete a web design and/or branding project from start to finish, with guidance and mentorship from the team
What We Need:
- Coursework in web design/development, UX design, graphic design, computer science, marketing, communications, and/or business/entrepreneurship is preferred
- A good eye for design and all things creative!
- Working knowledge of:
- A portfolio that shows design process and thinking along the way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A can-do attitude with willingness to work hard and take ownership of deliverables
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- A genuine desire to be part of a small, dynamic business
- An upbeat personality and a curious mind
Details: Intern must have a working Mac laptop and be local to Portland, with the ability to work in our St. Johns office. This is an unpaid internship requiring 20-30 hours a week, from late May through August. Student interns may have an opportunity to receive college credit through their university career center – we will complete all necessary documentation. Additionally, if our intern helps acquire any clients, we will give a 5% referral bonus.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio using the form below or email to [email protected] with “Summer 2018 Internship” in the subject line. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.